Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April Block Challenge Results

My April Blocks!



I got quite a bit accomplished on the Prairie Moon Block Challenge this month. I had the bright idea of taking the pics outside and boy was it windy! I had to chase a few. I used a rock to hold down the star blocks long enough to take the picture!

This is a selvage block(12X12 finished) to go along with 2 others I have started. It is sewn with a muslin foundation underneath in a kind of log cabin style.

These are star blocks for a flag quilt we are making at our featherweight club at Sager Creek Quilt and Yarn Shop. There are 14 blocks. We will start the stripe section at our next meeting.

These are foundation, quilt as you go, strip blocks started be a friend, Grace.  I cut the batting and backing and quilted the 3 together. I did 13 to add to hers to make a donation baby quilt for the Pieces and Patches Quilt Guild in Rogers, AR.

These are 24 scrap blocks made from a Bonnie Hunter pattern. It is the Crayon Box free pattern on her blog. I am putting them together with solid blocks to make 2 donation baby quilts and 1 baby quilt for a niece. You can spy many cool things. Can you see the frog, turtle, pink panther, 2 fish, glasses, cat and the hat, funky alphabet, stick figures.......?

No! I did not make all of these! These were blocks a group of us made at a retreat last week. I made the very intricately pieced 36 patch block second from the left on the bottom row. Aren't you impressed! 3 Retreaters won the blocks along with a signature block for each. We had a great time on the retreat at Lake Ft Smith.

That makes a total of 53 blocks for this month. I have some more done, but they are gifts for next month and I don't want to take a chance that the recipients might see them. I'll include them next month.

My total so far for the year is 171! Woohoo!!!!! I am almost 1/2 way to the goal of 350. It has been neat to keep track. Sometimes we don't realize what we have accomplished!
I think I "May" reach the 1/2 way point this month.

Kathy

2 comments: