Tuesday, April 1, 2014

UFO No Longer!!!!!!!

This is my last UFO completion for the first quarter of the 2014 Finish Along from Littlest Thistle. I posted a goal for the quarter in an earlier post.




This is "You Are My Sunshine". I started it in October of 2012 at our guild retreat in a class taught by Nora Krein. It will hang in my sunroom, aka playroom, where my grands keep their toys at my house. I have sung "You Are My Sunshine" as a bedtime lullaby to all of them. I ironed on interfacing to the back and then stitched down the various suns in raw edge applique. I couched fuzzy yarns down and I love the texture. After that was done, I loaded it on my longarm with some heavy wool felt for backing and quilted it with gold metallic thread. I used the felt because I didn't want the puff look of batting. I used a facing on the back instead of binding. 

Here is a close up of one of the suns. Did I say how much I love the fuzzy yarns?

It was a very busy month for me with lots of basketball games and I doubted at one point if I would get this completed. Once I started, it went quickly. Isn't that true with most things? It's all about getting started! I'm glad I joined this challenge because I don't think I would have gotten this particular project finished without it.

I'm leaving for MQS early in the morning and will post my goal for the next quarter when I get back. I certainly have no shortage of UFOs!!!!!!!

Kathy



1 comment: