Sunday, January 5, 2014

First Quilt of the Year!

This is my first completed project of the year. I started it in Stashbusters, a group that meets at an area quilt shop, Sager Creek. I started it over the summer and used fabrics totally from my stash.
close-up






In December it dawned on me that I had never made a quilt specifically for my husband. I've been married to him for 43 years! What was wrong with me? The plaid, scrappy quilt seemed perfect. So I loaded it on the longarm on January first and got it done last night.

I have had my Gammill for 4 years, but have used it very inconsistently due to teaching school, an accident that left me with a fractured pelvis, cracked hip and broken thumb(requiring surgery), 2 total knee replacements, and rotator cuff surgery. One of my goals for this year is to get more proficient with it, which means practice, practice, practice! I used this quilt as a sort of sampler and just played. Well, Dan liked it. Surprised him, though! 
Today I started putting the blocks together of my Celtic Solstice mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter. It's the first of her quilts that I have done. I'll talk more about it when I get it done.

Here's the view outside my sunroom. It's pretty, but.......I don't care for it at all!!!!


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment