Saturday, July 5, 2014

20 Year Old UFO Done!

About 20 years ago I bought an angel kit which someone had started and not completed for $1. I can't resist things that someone started working on and failed to finish. I feel sorry for the little orphans! I started finishing it using fancy stitches on my sewing machine and then lost interest and put it away. 
When I started this challenge I found it in a bag and thought this was the time! I carried it to basketball games and road trips(when I wasn't driving) and finished the embroidery by hand!
I still needed to cut it out, sew it together, turn, stuff and stabilize it so it could sit on a shelf or on a tree top.

20 year old mission accomplished!!!!!


 When I turned the wings and halo, I cut a hole in them and inadvertently cut holes in the back where they showed--duh! I used some small yoyos and buttons to cover the holes. I made a cardboard cone to help her stand up.

This is goal number 2 for The Littlest Thistle Finish Along.

On to goal # 3!!!!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment