Saturday, July 5, 2014

Graduation Gifts

As most of you know, my husband is the high school girls basketball coach at Mountainburg , AR. He has been so blessed with terrific girls. They are truly special. This year he had 6 players and one manager graduate. I found a pattern in a Quiltmaker magazine for foundation pieced tennis shoes and it sparked an idea. I used EQ7 to make a foundation pattern and decided to make individual quilts for them. He had 3 girls and 1 manager graduate last year and I knew I had to make one for each of them also.

I wrapped them like diplomas. In the picture they kind of look like candy cigarettes, though. I included their uniform # and quilted Lady Dragons 2014(or 2013 for last year).


 On the back I included a label listing their name, championships and record. Several of the girls were also cheerleaders and I backed their quilt with cheerleading fabric. I found several of the girl's numbers on some fabric and used that on their quilts. The quilts are hung with a dowel and a black shoe lace.


 Here's a gallery of the beautiful girls and their quilts at graduation. The first 3 were last years graduates. The manager from last year left before the pictures.

Kelsey
Destiny
                                                                                                     Maddie

         Brianna
 Brooke


                                                                                            Tianna

Colette
 Tara

                                                                                                        Katelyn
 
Auburn

                                   I love how the quilts turned out, but I love these girls even more!

This is another UFO completed this quarter for The Littlest Thistle.


Well, I think this does it for my UFO goals for the second quarter of 2014. I had them all finished quite some time ago, but as usual I procrastinated posting them. 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment