Saturday, July 5, 2014

My Tiny Landscape!


Last fall I took a class from Wendy Butler Berns. We learned several techniques including using texture magic to make the tree, thread sketching for the tree twigs, her piecing technique for the mountains, and couching.
 This is what I accomplished last fall. I wanted to embellish, quilt and finish the project.




 Here is a close up of some of the details. First I did the quilting, then I added a handmade clay star button to the sky and glass leaf buttons to the tree.Here you can see the little owl charm in the tree and see the texture of the tree bark.

 I added silk flowers and beads for flower details. There are also tiny glass leaves on the flowers in the little bush next to the tree.

This is the back with a facing and label. Again I incorporated a hanging sleeve in the top facing.

Another completion for The Littlest Thistle.

Believe it or not there's more!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment